If you are a business that relies on transport, having a fleet management system is vital. Ensuring proper care of your vehicles is necessary to manage your businesses productivity and keep your vehicles safe. Proper fleet maintenance will help maintain some of your businesses most important resources.
Preventative vs Corrective
There are two main types of fleet maintenance that are split into two categories.
As the name suggests, preventative maintenance usually consists of regularly scheduled tasks that are designed to prevent issues. This could typically consist of checking fluids, filters and brakes but could also include:
- Oil changes
- Filter replacements
- Tire checks (pressure and rotation)
- Wheel alignment
- Air filters
- Brake pads
The goal of preventative maintenance is to find the smaller issues before they worsen and turn into more expensive repairs.
Corrective maintenance is the replacement of parts or repairing things that are not working properly within your vehicle. This could look like:
- Replacing a broken lightbulb
- Flat tires
- Replacing a wing mirror
If your vehicle happens to break down, the course of action you would take to repair the broken elements would come under corrective fleet servicing.
Why Does Commercial Fleet Maintenance Matter?
Maintaining your fleet essentially refers to keeping your vehicles in good condition and safe to drive. There are a multitude of reasons why this is important:
- Extending your vehicles lifespan – Proper maintenance will ensure that your vehicle is not only operating correctly, but it can potentially extend the lifespan of your equipment. This could include checking tyre pressure or replacing parts.
- Lowering repair costs – By having regular maintenance and servicing of your vehicles, this will allow smaller issues to be found and dealt with, before they become more problematic and costly later down the line.
- Safety – Regular vehicle fleet management is a good and reliable way to ensure safety. If problems arise, they can be dealt with and repaired to make sure all vehicles are in a safe condition to be driven.
Picking The Right Maintenance Service
Make sure you choose a good and reliable provider to carry out your fleet servicing. You want to look out for a provider with good experience and testimonials that you can depend on to keep your staff and equipment safe.
Here at Transcare, we provide cutting edge fleet servicing for you and your business. We take pride in our on-hand maintenance services for any company, no matter how big or small and are committed to keeping your vehicles safe and secure.
To enquire about any of our services or to find out more about what we do, feel free to get in touch with us today and speak to one of our team members.